Friday, March 20, 2009

5th Avenue Floral

Fifth Avenue Floral is one of my new favorite stamp sets in the new Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book and Catalog. This stamp set just has so many elegant options for projects. This project highlights the crayon resist technique.

I stamped the flower images in Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, and So Saffron on glossy white card stock. I used a white crayon in areas that I wanted to highlight (white image) in the flower. I then sponged Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red and So Saffron on the coordinating colored flowers and the area around them. Next, I took a tissue and lightly rubbed over the card stock. The ink will not stay on the crayon areas and will reveal the highlighted areas when the area is rubbed. To finish off this card, I tied 1" Double Stitched Baja Breeze Grosgrain ribbon at the bottom and mounted the glossy card stock to Baja Breeze card stock.
This is such a quick and easy technique that adds a wonderful effect to your projects.

No comments: